The Integrative Pharmacogenomics Institute (iPROMISE) is one of the seven (7) centres of excellence (CoE) in UiTM which was established since June 2013. It was previously known as Pharmacogenomics Centre (PROMISE) with Prof. Dato' Dr. Mohd. Zaki Salleh as the Founding Head in 2008 and was appointed as the Director in 2011. The goal of iPROMISE is to become a centre of excellence in conducting and translating cutting edge researches to achieve and enhance Precision Medicine.
In 2015, iPROMISE has merged with the Non-Destructive Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research Centre (NDBPRC). To accommodate this development and to encourage specialization of its researchers, the institute gave rise to two new centres under its wing; the Integrative Systemic Biology Centre (ISBC), and the Bioinformatics centre.
It is the mission of iPROMISE to ensure the conduct of high quality researches and services in enhancing and accelerating researches. The institute adopts the belief of sharing its experties and facilities with other institutions and industries in order to create and improve linkages and collaborations in research. In addition, the institute has emphasized its efforts to enhance current innovations and services in the relevant fields. After years of sustained performance, iPROMISE has been granted the BionNexus Centre of Excellence award under the BioNexus Partnering Programme by the Malaysian Biotech Corporation (MBC) in 2011, and this partnership is ongoing.
iPROMISE will be a centre of excellence in conducting and translating cutting edge researches to realize the international goal of precision medicine.
iPROMISE shall ensure the conduct of high quality researches and services towards becoming an internationally recognised research centre.
- To conduct cutting edge researches focusing in pharmacogenomics and enhancing P4 medicine (Predictive, Preventive, Personalised and Participatory).
- To be the referral centre for high impact researches.
- To enable translational research from laboratory to clinics for P4 medicine.
- To provide consultation, skills and expertise in cutting edge equipment and technologies to the industries.
- To train skilful and dynamics scientists performing quality researches.
- To train knowledgeable and skilful workers for the industries.
- Services and consultancies.
- Technology transfer.
- Training of human resources.
- Multidisciplinary research collaborations