iPROMISE is engaged in interdisciplinary research in the areas of pharmacogenomics, genomics, bioinformatics, metabolomics and proteomics to enhance P4 medicine (predictive, preventive, personalised, participatory).
Genomics & Health
• Personal Genome Sequencing: Sequencing of the Malay genome to understand the local genetic variation.
• Orang Asli Genome Variation: Unravelling the medico-genomic architecture of Orang Asli to understand their fragility and endangerment.
• Metagenomics: Exploring the composition and roles of gut microbiota in predisposing host towards obesity.
• Epigenomics: Unraveling the heritable changes of DNA-methylation associated with heroin addiction.
• Dissecting the molecular mechanism of Garcinia astroviridis in transgenerational inheritance of epigenetic in diet-induced obese rats
Bacterial Genomics & Host-Bacteria Interaction
• Whole genome sequencing and comparative analysis of a locally isolated Streptococcus agalactiae.
• Understanding extrapulmonary tropism of Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
• Elucidating the route of evolution in understanding the mechanisms of antibiotic resistance acquisition in Acinetobacter baumannii.
• Exploring the metabolic regulatory networks of virulence and resistance behaviour of pathogenic Klebsiella pneumoniae and Proteus mirabilis.
Pharmacogenomics & Drug Metabolism
• Genetic polymorphism of ITGB3A, P2Y12 and CYP2C19 among cardiovascular patients and a cohort study of three ethnic groups in Malaysia.
• Relevance of genetic polymorphism of HLA-B*1502 and Carbamazepine-induced cutaneous adverse drug reaction.
• Relevance of pharmacogenetic differences of colorectal cancer patients in optimization of 5-fluororacil drug therapy.
• Relevance of pharmacogenomics of abcb1 gene in monitoring kidney transplant patients treated with tacrolimus.
• Understanding interpatient variation of clinical responses among acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) patients treated with 6-mercaptopurine (6-mp).
Genotype & Phenotype
• Unravelling the genetic variation of obesogenic related genes among the obese Malaysian.
• Studying the implication of genetic polymorphism of FGFR1OP2/Wit3.0 on the bone remodeling of oromaxillofacial region following reduced function.
Computational Drug Discovery
• Virtual screening of drug-induced hypersensitivity through chemical-protein interaction.
• Drug targets: discovery and validation
Metabolomics & Proteomics
• Development of health-risk prediction model for Orang Asli using PLSDA-metabolomic approach.
• Profiling the metabolome of patients with diseases such as colorectal cancer, acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) patients and kidney failure to monitor their clinical responses towards drug therapies.
• Biomarkers discovery of cardiovascular disease in patients treated with aspirin and its association with aspirin resistance.
• Elucidation of thermostability factors in Geobacillus thermocatenulatus A8 through mapping of physiological pathway and structural proteomics study.
• Unraveling the molecular mechanism of hepatoprotective activity of Muntingia calabura leaves extract against chemical induced hepatotoxicity.